If you have recently started to search for a job after MCA (Masters in Computer Application), the first attempt at a job search can be hectic and confusing.
Though MCA students have varied career options to choose from yet a big question hangs in the air, “How to search for a job after MCA?” To ease the process, here are a few tips to help you in the transition process.
Searching for the Right Job
First of all, not all of us are perfect. This means that merely losing a campus placement doesn't have to be the end of the world. 😔
Instead, use this opportunity to introspect and iterate over the weaknesses. To understand how to search for a job after MCA, read this article. ✌️
Be Persistent - Stay in the Game
- Keep applying for jobs that are according to your needs. Try to apply for the job within the first 48 hours. However, don't get too much carried off in the process. Keep a few hours each day for the process. This will keep you posted as well as keep you physically and mentally healthy. By taking the help of SliteResume Recruitment Services, you can easily search for the best jobs to suit your needs.
- Follow the industry trends to keep yourself updated on the process. Read professional write-ups and trade publications to keep yourself posted. Your employer will be happy to hear that you are utilizing the time of job search to add professional development endeavours to your kitty. This will definitely prove to be useful in settling down post the selection process.
- Network with industry experts or alumni association. This helps to boost the chances of landing an employee referral or help you with the understanding of the selection process. Furthermore, if selected by the organization, these can become your guides and mentors. For more details and information on how to search for a job after MCA, get back to your alumni association and network.
- Find more details on why you are not being selected. This may be due to factors like - lack of preparation, poor communication skills, lack of preparation, lack of professional experience etc. After analyzing those factors work on them till these become your core strength. Also, job hunters can help you understand the shortcomings of your application process.
Leverage the Skills and Experience
While it is important to take up the big question - how to search for a job after MCA yet it is equally necessary to make an action plan.
It is rightly said - Empty vessels make the most noise.
So, in the din of finding a job don't lose your present skills and motivation. And if you are already going through this then you must read this. Also, it is advised to follow the following steps -
- Lend a helping hand by being a volunteer. By association with local bodies and NGOs, you will be able to gain an edge in the next interview session. Employers like employees with team working skills are enhanced by association with these bodies. Likewise, this provides you with an excellent opportunity to network and grow. Perhaps your good work gets noticed and you can earn an employee referral. This is important because a large number of jobs are rarely advertised.
- Keep applying (even if you are already expecting a call to action). You never know when you may get a better chance. So till the final offer letter is available, keep applying for new opportunities. Use a day planner to create a daily action plan and implement it accordingly. Moreover, keep time to join friends and family in a tea or a lunch session. If you are already feeling dejected then you need to read this.
- Iterate through learning channels. Considering the amount of learning and practice material available free of cost online, learn more about your field of interest. Alternatively, you can register for Swayam e-learning courses and write a certificate examination of such a subject.
- Expand your job search process to include pan-India presence. This will increase your probability of getting a good job with a good pay scale. You may also seek the help of Resume Experts to increase the chances of getting a good offer.
Remember - Opportunities arise the moment you step out of the comfort zone.
- Stay tuned for new placement offers. For this, seek entry into the job fairs and career sessions organized by various educational and recruitment consultants. Though the resume is the perfect manner to attract new job offers yet face-to-face sessions yield better results especially if you have your portfolio ready.
The most noteworthy fact is that the Information and Technology sector in the nation is booming. So if the placement season with the college didn't land you a job then don't lose the hope. You can easily fast-track resume building, review and job search process through efforts.
There are numerous job opportunities available for you post-MCA. However, possessing the right skills and experience is important to get the best job that propels your career. If you need more clarity read more about How to build a successful career?
Ease the job search through the SliteResume Recruitment Services and clinch the deal!
Tips that yield positive results-
- Work hard for that dream job. There are no shortcuts to success. Design a sample portfolio of the best of your work. Carry an offline copy of the same or share the URL to access the employer's response to your application process. For it is rightly said in the technology sector - What you see is what you get.
- Tailor the resume to suit the needs of the employer. This means use special and specific keywords for that ideal job search process. If the same is not available, your resume may end up being overlooked by potential employers. For more information about the resume building guide, refer to our design templates at the SliteResume website. Do your homework for getting back into the game. Seek professional training sessions available online for the best results. Alternatively, you can easily opt for an internship with the corporate house to seek insight into the computer applications and Information and Technology systems used presently. Moreover, the same will be useful to help you secure the dream job.
The most noteworthy fact is that the Information and Technology sector in the nation is booming. This means there exist a variety of options for you post MCA. However, possessing the right skills and experience is important to get the best job that propels your career.
Moreover, if the college placement season wasn't a good one for you then don't worry SliteResume Recruitment Services are designed especially for your needs. Thus by associating with SliteResume, you can easily fast-track resume building, resume review and job search process, etc. to clinch the job of your dreams!